Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's the little things that I am grateful for.  It's like the old adage, "Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it".  Well thanks to common sense, I pray for positive things. 

During this time of year we find ourselves stressed out over the little things.  For example, I was stressed that I would not be able to complete my shopping list.  I only had $20.00 left in my budget and still had a few small things to take care of.  So what did I do?  I prayed.  I had God working overtime with the constant prayers I've been sending up.  But he hears all prayers.

The final outcome is, God is an awesome God.  I needed gift wrapping paper and someone donated not only wrapping paper, but bows too and left it available to anyone who needed it; I needed to get one more gift and there was someone where I live, selling wallets for, well lets just say at minimal cost.  I needed tissue paper and found some in a gift bag I had from a previous gift.  Tell me God doesn't answer prays and I tell my testimony.

Well, my house is clean from top to bottom, all the presents are wrapped and I'm done for the holiday.

Xmas comes early for me this year.  My son, his friend and my grandchildren will be here in the morning and that's my Christmas day.  Christmas is about the celebration of the birth of Christ, our Lord and Savior, but it's also about giving and spending that precious time with the ones you love. 

Thank you Father for once again allowing me to see another year celebrating the birth of your precious Son and the opportunity to spend time with the ones I love.

Now another prayer I know God will hear.  "Lord may everyone have a safe, blessed and joyous holiday.  May we not forget the reason for the season"

Be blessed!

No comments: